Tuesday 12 June 2007

My 'cello barks instead of singing.

Ok, 'Cello time.

Thanks to the guitar practice I've had, I picked 'cello up a lot faster than I thought I would. And my teacher seems to put a little too much faith in me I think. I've been playing for a little over a month now and I can play up to the minor key change in the first Bach prelude, and half of Sonata III, Allegro, from Vivaldi's Cello sonatas. Not well, but in tune (mostly) and in time at least. I like to think that that's good progress. I have one aim in life, and I would love to play the Elgar 'cello concerto, even just the first movement, and all of the G major Bach suite. At least I set my self good targets eh?

My 'Cello, Edward, is a cheap, but handsome beast, who doesn't make very nice sounds when I'm behind the bow. My tone is the one thing I really hate. Practice practice practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cello often sounds more like a tuba than a cello.

Nathan said...

Mine squeals. Not unlike a pig, actually.